Friday, November 16, 2007

Twilight



I had to read this book in the hours (!) it wasn't checked out. So many people asked to check it out that I wanted to see what was the big deal about it. Well, I could hardly tear myself away from this riveting story. The story opens when Bella moves from her mother's house in sunny, warm Arizona to live with her father in a small town in rainy, gray, cold Washington state. She is attracted to a mysterious, drop-dead gorgeous guy in her class who turns out to be a vampire. His family, related only by their unusual eating habits, chose the town of Forks, Washington for its overcast weather (they can go outside during daylight hours) and excellent hunting (not humans). Her relationship with Edward develops and complications abound. It's a very interesting twist on the old boy-meets-girl story and I found myself thinking that I couldn't wait to see the movie because of the scenery of the area, the vampires' appearance, and how their way of moving fast would be portrayed.
It is no wonder this book is on the ALA Top Ten Book for Teens. Twilight is followed by New Moon and Eclipse. I think I will read these books over winter break if they aren't checked out.
I highly recommend this book if you are looking for a love story and you like the unusual and a bit of action.
My rating for this book: +++++

No comments: