Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Ultimate Comics Spider-Man, Vol. 1 by Brian Michael Bendis

Ultimate Comics Spider-Man, Vol. 1
I have not read any super hero comic books in a looooooooong time so I am happy that I got the incentive to read this one for the Hub Challenge. I may never have learned that the original Spider-Man died!! (Sob!) In this volume we meet a young black man named Miles who accidentally picks up the same spider that bit Peter Parker and he gets bit, too. As he slowly learns that he has super powers, he shares with his Asian friend, Gunke, who gives him an old Spider-Man Halloween costume to wear. Miles follows in Peter's footsteps and uses his powers to help people in trouble and attracts the attention of Spider-Girl and Nick Fury.

Miles is a very likable new hero. He is bright and has a father who is dedicated to keeping Miles out of trouble. He enters Miles in a lottery to obtain a spot in a prestigious boarding school. Miles wins a spot and shares a room there with his friend.

I really enjoyed this graphic novel and will try and keep in touch with the series.

My rating for this book: 
 

No comments: